Opening: 15 March 2017 Closing: 15 April 2017
unabridged Architecture is a leader in sustainable and resilient design, offering architectural and urban solutions for high-performance buildings and landscapes. With over 20 years of experience designing in hurricane-prone communities bordering the Gulf of Mexico, we continue to refine architectural responses to climate challenges. Staff members work in a collaborative atelier and contribute to design, representation, documentation, and construction administration.
We are seeking a dedicated architectural associate to join our team of professionals to support multi-disciplinary projects including institutional, environmental, and mixed-use assignments. An architectural associate is responsible for contributing to the success of the project team and striving for excellence in design. We support IDP requirements for licensure through mentoring and diverse project assignments.
- Prepare design drawings, models, renderings, diagrams and other visual tools to help communicate project ideas;
- Analyze and present code analysis, materials comparisons, and context research;
- Join our efforts to plan, calculate, and track sustainability and building performance;
- Assist with project specifications;
- Review shop drawings, submittals, and requests for information, make field reports and document construction progress;
- Create and maintain project organization and files;
- Contribute to ongoing research and planning as directed;
- Serve as an essential project team member and grow into a project architect.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BArch, NAAB accredited.
- Proficiency in Revit.
- Ability to diagram and communicate ideas.
- Basic knowledge of construction systems and details.
- Basic understanding of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering systems.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret building and zoning codes.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to participate and lead group discussions.
- Ability to understand priorities, possess good time manage and manage multiple tasks and schedules.
- Exemplary work ethic and ability to work independently.
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Salary and Benefits
How to Apply:
- Provide a cover letter presenting your educational and professional background and a proposal why you would be a successful architectural associate at unabridged.
- Provide a resume with two recommendation contacts (at least one from a former employer/supervisor).
- Provide at least two examples of work completed by the candidate. Describe the issues, successes, and challenges and define your role in each example.
Send Single PDF file with all items above, not exceeding 5MB, to email@example.com. Please put “ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATE” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity: unabridged Architecture provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetics, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by the law. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.